Expert visit from Tim Dybvig, entrepreneur
What is a startup?
Roles at a startup:
- Product Manager
- What to know: how to talk to people, how to understand programming, be able to speak “nerd”
Group Work: HACKATHON!
- Groups of 5 people, brainstorm a startup idea (this is often called a “hackathon”)
- 10 minutes for group discussion
- You’ll get 2 minutes to “pitch” !
- Inspiration for brainstorming:
- What is a problem you have every day, that technology could solve?
- What do you hate spending time doing?
- What is a site you go to and use constantly, but that sucks to use? How could you make it better?
- Make it simple — doesn’t need to be complicated to be good!
Share out: Groups share 2 minute pitches
- Blogs and news: Techcrunch, Hacker News
- Question and answer site (type anything you want to know about tech or startups): Quora
- Startup news, and other interesting articles
- Email me any time