[Opener]: Circle Up, Group Juggle
SLT- I can improve my brain-function, hand-eye coordination and collaborative capacities through my involvement in The Group Juggle.
[Weekly Research Assignment]:
SLT- I can present ideas, arguments, and evidence logically and formally in a way is appropriate to my purpose, audience, and task.
Use your research skills to find something that is trending now. Could be from the weekend. Could be from last week. Then, use your writing skills to draft an essay of about 250 words that does the following:
- (NEW) You must use and cite MULTIPLE SOURCES in your essay.
- Summarize the story.
- Analyze the story- Ask yourself, why did this story trend?
- Predict- What are the outcomes or implications of this story?
- Cite- Credit your sources using our MLA Format
- Tweet- Share your links with your twitter followers.
[Debrief]: Circle Up, share out essay topics.
[Grade Reports]: Follow these instructions carefully
- Click on this link to get the document. You must be signed into your Validus account to access this document.
- Click on File –> Make a Copy
- Name the file: #TN Grades YOUR NAME
- Share the file with Mr. Dunseith (email@example.com)
- Sign into the Jumprope Student Portal
- Find the math targets of this #TrendingNow class. In your grades, it might show up as ALGEBRA 2 or STATISTICS. Either way, it’s the class with the same SLT’s listed in your Grade Report
- Follow the instructions to fill out the chart and make a plan for the rest of the semester.
- Send Mr. Dunseith an email requesting ideas for work on any of these eight SLTs.
- Note that you can use a chart like this for ANY CLASS you want!
[Work Time]: There is a Delta Math assignment that ends at midnight tonight. Joisis already has 100% on it, and has earned a 4 on SLT TN4. If you would like to request other assignments, you can do that now.
[Looking Ahead]: We won’t hit all 10 Math Content SLTs this semester. We will skip SLTs TN5 and TN6. In January, at a minimum, we will work on SLTs TN7 and TN8.