- I can determine the central ideas, themes, or conclusions of a text. (R2)- This means that I can understand and use quality information that I find from the web.
- I can develop creative products using effective technique, well-chosen details, and well-structured event sequences. (W3)- This means that my personal blog, weekly trend report and my tweets are carefully constructed.
[Weekly Research Assignment]: 20 Minutes Use your research skills to find something that is trending now. Could be from the weekend. Could be from last week. Then, use your writing skills to draft an essay of about 250 words that does the following:
- (NEW) You must use and cite MULTIPLE SOURCES in your essay.
- Summarize the story.
- Analyze the story- Ask yourself, why did this story trend?
- Predict- What are the outcomes or implications of this story?
- Cite- Credit your sources using our MLA Format
- Tweet- Share your links with your twitter followers.
The Pitch- at your tables, share the gist of the stories you found. You will have 10 Minutes to think of “a pitch’ for a new product or service that could directly relate to something trending at your table.
- Join the #TrendingNow Group at CodeAcademy
- If you did any programming over the weekend, be sure to update your programming log.
- Programming Assignments to date:
- On the “More With HTML” lesson, you saw colors for the first time. How do you tell a computer to color something red?
- Focus Lesson: How many different RGB colors can a computer display?
- End of class: Update your programming log