[Opener]: Circle Up
Group Juggle SLT- I can improve my brain-function, hand-eye coordination and collaborative capacities through my involvement in The Group Juggle.
Grapple Text- Social Media in the NFL
Grapple Task- Spend 5 minutes reading an contemplating this text. Spend 5 minutes writing your thoughts on this reading in your notebook. Would you invest?
Discuss- Now, move into your groups and discuss the article you just read.
Work Time- Create a to do list and continue to create a concept for your group’s platform.
I. The Questions
- Is it a good idea to teach computer programming in high schools? Why or why not?
- Should all students be required to take a computer programming class in high school? Why or why not?
- Should computer programming credits count toward the math requirements for high school graduation?
II. Readings – take 10 minutes to read one or more of these articles. Be ready to share one great sentence from your reading.
III. The Venue
- Today’s Meet
- Google Hangout
Initial Programming Targets
- I can use HTML to make web pages.
- I can use Cascading Style Sheets to make my web sites beautiful.
On your first progress report, you’ll receive a grade for the first two of the above targets.
- Finish all six sections of this Code Academy curriculum by Friday, March 8.
- Your first HTML practice quiz will be next Monday, 3/4/13.