Group Juggle SLTs-
- I can determine the central ideas, themes, or conclusions of a text. (R2)- This means that I can understand and use quality information that I find from the web.
- I can develop creative products using effective technique, well-chosen details, and well-structured event sequences. (W3)- This means that my personal blog, weekly trend report and my tweets are carefully constructed.
[Weekly Research Assignment]: 20 Minutes Use your research skills to find something that is trending now. Could be from the weekend. Could be from last week. Then, use your writing skills to draft an essay of about 250 words that does the following:
- (NEW) You must use and cite MULTIPLE SOURCES in your essay.
- Summarize the story.
- Analyze the story- Ask yourself, why did this story trend?
- Predict- What are the outcomes or implications of this story?
- Cite- Credit your sources using our MLA Format
- Tweet- Share your links with your twitter followers.
The Pitch- at your tables, share the gist of the stories you found. You will have 10 Minutes to think of “a pitch’ for a new product or service that could directly relate to something trending at your table.
Initial Programming Targets
I can make something.
- I can use HTML to make web pages.
- I can use Cascading Style Sheets to make my web sites beautiful.
- The first six Code Academy modules are done and graded.
- How did you do?
- What did you learn?
How Did Grading Work?
- You had to be part of the #TrendingNow group on CodeAcademy.
- If you finished…
- HTML Fundamentals
- Build Your First Web Page
- More With HTML
- The Recipe Card
- …then you earned a 3 on the HTML SLT.
- Four people went farther than this – you also received something higher than 0 on the CSS SLT.
- What do you & your group need to know to work on your digital endeavor?
- What do you want to learn how to do?
- A brief tour of what’s on CodeAcademy?
- Does this look like something you’d like to try?
If so, let’s try this: